Tuesday, September 12, 2017

MY FAVORITE TWISTING BUTTERS AND CREAMS FOR NATURAL HAIR


For a lot of people, with the rainy weather and the ushering in of the Fall season, this also means "Twist Out Season". While I'm a wash and go girl at heart, I do appreciate some "juicy" twists, so I wanted to share with you guys my favorite products that I know I will get great results from every time. 



This is currently my go-to product when I want a juicy twist out every time. This product is a very thick consistency and a little goes an extremely long way. Do not let this 4oz jar fool you. With my waist length hair, I can easily get 5-7 uses out of this one jar. 

This product is ideal for Type 4 hair, but it works extremely well on my 3mix curls as well. Being Curly Girl Friendly (containing no sulfates or silicones), this product will not cause build up on your hair. 

Learning Curve: This product had a bit of learning curve for me and my fine textured hair. I found this product works best in very small amounts, and if I warm the product between my fingers before applying to each small section before twisting. If you run a denman brush through your hair after applying you will be amazed at the definition this product provides. 

Retail: $14.99 (currently on sale for $12.99)


#2 Kera Care Twist & Define Cream 

This product is an old favorite I just recently revisited and I was not disappointed. This product is a great mix between thick and creamy, and provided the BOMB juicy twist results that had Instagram going NUTS. 


This product retails for $15.50 on their website, but you can find it a little cheaper on Amazon


#3 Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

I know a lot of people are still not fooling with Shea Moisture over their ad campaign debacle, and that is absolutely your right and personal decision. But this product has been a twist out holy grail of mine since DAY ONE (over 5 years).

This product gives me the exact same results every single time and the moisture from this product is amazing. No matter what, this product will be in my stash because not only does it give me bomb twist out results, but it goes great as an "under gel moisturizer" for my wash and gos as well. 

You can find this product at pretty much any place that sells natural hair products, as well as on Amazon


I hope this helps in your mission to find the perfect juicy twist out for you! 


- The Millennial Makavelli.