Thursday, June 29, 2017

Final Thoughts: Not Your Mother's Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Line

 Click to visit Instagram




I decided to try the Not Your Mother's Naturals (abbrv - NYMN) Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter line about 2 weeks ago because my local Walgreens was having a BOGO 1/2 OFF sale on them. I purchased the Conditioner and the Curl Defining Cream for starters.

My initial thoughts:

  1. I really liked the branding! (idk, branding is VERY important to me)
  2. I did NOT like the fact that this line did not come with a deep conditioner. Even with the other line geared towards Naturals, there was no deep conditioner, which is VERY important in a natural's hair regiment. For this reason, I opted NOT to try the shampoo because I do NOT shampoo my hair without following up with a deep conditioner. 
So I went into this review with very low expectations, in fact, I contemplated taking them back and not trying them at all due to the mixed reviews I was seeing about them online. 

I'm so glad I didn't. 

After trying the products I was immediately blown away by how much softness and slip the conditioner gave me at first use. Once a week in my hair regimen, I try to opt for a co-wash instead of a shampoo cleanse to help my hair retain moisture while I reset my style, so I decided to use the conditioner for co-wash/detangling purposes.

NYMN Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner HIGHLIGHTS 
  • LOTS OF SLIP
  • NICE/SOFT SMELL (Not invasive, but sweet) 
  • PROVIDES MAXIMUM MOISTURE 
  • 9/10 OVERALL RATING 

After rinsing out the conditioner, I used the Curl Defining Cream as my leave-in moisturizer of choice (the only product as the barrier between my hair and my styling gel of choice) 

NYMN Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Cream HIGHLIGHTS
  • SOFT SMELL
  • LIGHT WEIGHT (Ideal for medium/fine textured or low porosity hair) 
  • CURL DEFINITION POWER (5/10)
  • MOISTURE RATING (8/10)
I topped the cream with my Holy Grail Ecostyler Gel Olive oil. 


My hair was VERY song and defined after my hair fully dried and I could easily get 7 full days from this wash and go. 


My FINAL THOUGHTS:

I would DEFINITELY recommend this product to anyone with normal to fine textured hair, as it is lightweight and non-greasy. I cannot speak for the shampoo or the "Detangler" in this line but I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing these products! 


Make sure you head over to my INSTAGRAM and click the "Follow" button so you don't miss IG EXCLUSIVE CONTENT and product reviews!